Raised in Scotland, David has called Winnipeg home for many years. He received both his Bachelors and Masters degrees in law from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. He practices in the areas of criminal, regulatory and child protection law and has appeared at all levels of court in Manitoba.
In 2016, David was appointed to the Faculty of Law where he teaches in the areas of Evidence Law, Trial Advocacy the Prevention of Wrongful Convictions. David is also the director of the Robson Hall Innocence Clinic at the Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba.
An avid supporter of the arts, David is a board member of the Winnipeg Classical Guitar Society and a keen, if not particularly accomplished, guitarist.
University of York, Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Laws, 2010
University of Manitoba, Master of Laws, 2014
Leadership, Membership and Achievements
- Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba
- Director, Robson Hall Innocence Clinic
- Winner, Solomon Greenberg Moot Trial Competition, 2008
- Winner, Best Oralist, Sopinka Cup National Trial Advocacy Competition, 2009
- Winner, Best Direct Examination, Sopinka Cup National Trial Advocacy Competition, 2009
- Winner, Honourable Archibald S. Dewar Prize for Advocacy