Jennifer A. Guiboche
Jennifer practices primarily in the area of Child Protection Law. She was raised in Swan River, Manitoba, and she believes her life experience brings a unique perspective to her
Jennifer is a member of the Manitoba Metis Federation.
Jennifer was called to the Bar in 2011. She has acted as legal counsel to various child welfare agencies in Manitoba and for claimants in the Indian Residential Schools Independent Assessment Process. Jennifer has appeared before the Provincial Court and the Court of Queen’s Bench in Manitoba.
Outside of work, Jennifer enjoys backpacking through new countries, playing soccer and learning Spanish. She is also actively involved in the Big Sisters mentoring program.
University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Laws, 2010
Leadership, Membership and Achievements
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Volunteer Mentor, 2018 – Present
- MMSL Discipline Committee Member, 2018 – Present
- University of Manitoba Legal Help Centre Volunteer, 2011-2012
- Fort Gary Women’s Resource Centre Volunteer, 2011
- Melrose Sissons and Winnifred Wilton Memorial Award for Highest Standing in Gender and the Law, 2010
- Manitoba Aboriginal Youth Achievement Award (Senior Academic Award), 2008
- J. McMurray Entrance Award, Faculty of Law, 2007
- University of Manitoba Dean’s Honour List, 2005 – 2007