Alyssa joined Cochrane Saxberg as an articling student on June 8, 2020, following her graduation from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba.
Prior to law school, Alyssa completed her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Manitoba with a double major in History and Psychology.
During her time at law school, she volunteered at the Legal Help Centre and Community Legal Education Association and was a facilitator for Manitoba W.I.S.E. (Working in Support of Equality). She was an active member of the Robson Hall community, serving as Co-Chair of the Professional Development Committee (2019-20) and Student Liaison between the Feminist Legal Forum and Manitoba Bar Association’s Women Lawyers’ Forum (2018-20).
Outside of work, Alyssa enjoys hiking, paddleboarding with her dog, and playing sports, such as soccer and softball.
University of Manitoba, Juris Doctor, 2020
University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Arts, 2017
Leadership, Membership and Achievements
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Runner-Up, Sopinka Cup (National Trial Moot), 2020
- Winner, MacIntyre Cup (Western Canada’s Trial Moot), 2020
- Western Canada Family Law Negotiation Competition, 2020
- Runner-Up, Solomon Greenberg Trial Moot, 2019
- Donald G. H. Bowman National Tax Moot, 2019
- Judge Ross A. Johnston Prize for Family Law (Outstanding Performance in Family Law and Advanced Family Law), 2020
- The Honourable Justice Robyn Moglove Diamond Prize for Excellence in Family Law, 2019
- J. Christie Prize (Highest Standing in Advocacy), 2019
- A. Thompson Q.C. Prize (Highest Standing in Family Law), 2019
- Borden Ladner Gervais Professional Excellence Award, 2018