Brianna practices primarily as a litigator in the area of child protection law.
Brianna was called to the Manitoba Bar in 2018. She graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba, joining Cochrane Saxberg as an articling student on July 1st, 2017. Prior to obtaining her law degree Brianna graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from the University of Manitoba.
Brianna has appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Provincial Court of Manitoba, and acts as counsel on behalf of various child welfare agencies across the province. She oversees matters at all parts of the litigation process, from the matter’s first appearance through to settlement discussions and, if necessary, trial.
In her free time Brianna enjoys camping and canoeing, travelling, and indoor gardening. Brianna has also been volunteering at the Health Sciences Centre’s PsycHealth Centre since 2014.
University of Manitoba, Juris Doctor, 2017
University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours), 2011
Leadership, Membership, and Achievements
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- PsychHealth Centre Volunteer, 2014-Present
- Co-editor, Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, Volume 16
- Lead coordinator of the Asper INTLaw Conference 2017
- Author, “Buying Votes in the 21stCentury: The Potential Use of Bitcoins and Blockchain Technology in Electronic Voting Reform” (2017) 17 Asper Rev Int’l Bus & Trade L 59
- Thompson Q.C. Award, 2017
- National Semi-Finalist, Harold G. Fox Intellectual Property Moot, 2017
- University of Manitoba Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Arts, 2008-2011
- University of Manitoba Dean’s Honour List, University One, 2008