Jennifer graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba in 2010 and received her Call to the Bar in 2011. She has acted as legal counsel to various child welfare agencies in Manitoba throughout her years of practice and acted for claimants in the Indian Residential Schools Independent Assessment Process. Jennifer has appeared before the Provincial Court and the Court of King’s Bench in Manitoba. Jennifer has extensive experience in Child Protection and now practices primarily in the area of Child Protection Law.
Jennifer is a Métis woman from Swan River, Manitoba. She believes her life experience brings a unique and helpful perspective to her practice field. Outside of the office, Jennifer enjoys the outdoors, travelling to new countries, and learning Spanish.
University of Manitoba, Bachelor of Laws, 2010
Leadership, Membership and Achievements
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Volunteer Mentor, 2018 – 2022
- The Link: Youth and Family Supports Board Member 2019 – 2022
- University of Manitoba Legal Help Centre Volunteer, 2011-2012
- Fort Gary Women’s Resource Centre Volunteer, 2011
- Melrose Sissons and Winnifred Wilton Memorial Award for Highest Standing in Gender and the Law, 2010
- Manitoba Aboriginal Youth Achievement Award (Senior Academic Award), 2008
- E.J. McMurray Entrance Award, Faculty of Law, 2007
- University of Manitoba Dean’s Honour List, 2005 – 2007