Taylor returns to the firm as an articling student after summering with the firm in 2020. She obtained her Juris Doctor in June of 2022 from Robson Hall, Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. Prior to law school, Taylor completed her Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Winnipeg, with a major in Criminal Justice.
During her time at law school, she was an active member of the Robson Hall community, serving as Co-Chair of the Professional Development Committee (2021-22) and as the Student Liaison between the Feminist Legal Forum and Manitoba Bar Association’s Women Lawyers’ Forum (2020-22). Further, in her third year she worked as a Student Intern with the L. Kerry Vickar Business Law Clinic and also worked as an Externship Student with Legal Help Centre. Following the conclusion of the externship, Taylor was awarded the Jo-Anne M. Findlay Memorial Award for volunteering for her strong commitment to volunteerism and access to justice.
Outside of the office, Taylor enjoys hiking, travelling, and spending time with her dogs, Jax and Livy. She also works with youth in Winnipeg’s North End as a Civilian Volunteer Instructor with the 6 Jim Whitecross Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron.
University of Manitoba, Juris Doctor, 2022
University of Winnipeg, Bachelor of Arts, 2017
Leadership, Membership, and Achievements
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Civilian Volunteer Instructor, 6 Jim Whitecross Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron, 2014 – 2016 & 2019 – Present
- Jo-Anne M. Findlay Memorial Award for Volunteerism, 2022
- Davies’ Corporate and Securities Moot Oralist, 2022
- L. Kerry Vickar Business Law Clinic Internship, 2022
- Professional Development Committee Co-Chair, Manitoba Law Students’ Association, 2021-2022
- Legal Help Centre Externship, 2021-2022
- Student Liaison, Manitoba Bar Association’s Women Lawyers’ Forum 2020-2022
- Winner, Robson Hall Mini Moot, University of Manitoba, 2020
- Volunteer with CLEA Law Phone-In & Lawyer Referral Program, Pro Bono Students Canada, 2019-2020
- University of Winnipeg Special Entrance Scholarship, 2013